The Urology Department POV
Scope of Services
Types of Patients Served
The Urology Department is a subspecialty of General Surgery Department. Mainly offers its services to the adult age group but is also having pediatric referrals.
Range of Conditions/ Diagnoses Treated
The department specializes in the diagnosis, medical treatment, and surgical procedures relating to:
- All kinds of urinary tract infections
- Urinary stones
- Tumor of kidneys, bladder and prostate
- Urinary tract anomalies
- All kinds of trauma to urinary tract
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Adrenal glands
- Genitourinary System
- Urodynamic studies for bladder disorder
- Cancer treatment
Range of Activities/ Procedures Performed
Urology services and procedures available:
- Radio frequency of benign growth of the prostate or open prostatectomy
- Radical Prostatectomy for Cancer
- Radical Nephrectomy
- Partial Nephrectomy
- Ureteroscopy, Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (Endouroogy)
- Laser Fragmentation of Stones
- Open Stone Surgery (e.g. Staghorn calculus)
- Bladder disorder (Urodynamic Study)
- Different procedures for Stress Incontinence
- Testicular Torsion
Types of Staff Carrying Out these Activities
Urology Department is having a steadfast and highly qualified consultant and resident who are working hand in hand with the Theatre/ Operating Room staff for their surgical procedures, with the male & female surgical wards, pediatric ward for patients admitted for treatment and other departments like Radiology & Imaging for their services on Ultrasound scan, x-ray, CT and MRI.
Since urology requires study and training beyond the standard medical school and internship years and because of so many remarkable advances in recent years in diagnosis, treatment, and surgical procedures, our urologist committed themselves in undergoing a continuous medical education thus attending lectures, seminars and conference related to recent updates in their field of practice.
Sites and Time of Care/ Services are provided (sample)
The department provides services and consult patients on both outpatient and inpatient basis. For outpatient their clinics are open from 0800 hours – 1200 hours and 1600 hours – 2000 hours from Saturday to Thursday. For inpatient and emergency cases the resident is on 24 hours on-call coverage.