Tagged: drops, Eye, Fortified, Intravitreal
1. Reconstitute the 500mg vial of vancomycin with 8mL of saline
2. Withdraw entire contents and add saline to increase total volume to 10mL
3. Place 1mL of the above solution in the 5mL syringe and add 4mL of saline for a total volume of 5mL.
4. The resulting solution concentration is 10mg/mL or 1mg/0.1mL
1. Reconstitute the 1000mg vial of ceftazidime with 8mL of saline and allow effervescence to subside before proceeding
3. Place 1mL of the above solution in the 5mL syringe and add 3.5mL of saline for a total volume of 4.5ml
4. The resulting solution has a concentration of 22.2mg/mL or 2.22mg/0.1mL
1. Take 0.5ml from a vial of gentamicin containing 40mg/ml.
2. Make up to 10mls with normal saline or BSS in a syringe.
3. 0.1ml of this solution = 200 micrograms.
1. Reconstitute a 250mg vial with 8 mls of saline.
2. Withdraw entire contents and make up to 10mls with saline.
3. Inject 2 mls back into vial and make up to 5 mls in the vial with saline.
4. 0.1ml of the solution contains 1mg
1. Use the 10ml syringe and withdraw 1.6ml from a vial of non-preserved amikacin containing 250mg/ml.
2. Make up to 10ml in the syringe with Sodium Chloride 0.9% injection.
3. Discard 9ml from the syringe and make up the remaining 1ml to 10ml (in the syringe) with Sodium Chloride 0.9%.
4. Transfer solution from syringe into a sterile galley pot. Using 1ml syringe, draw up 0.1ml solution = 0.4mg.
1. Reconstitute a 50mg vial with 10mls of saline.
2. Withdraw 0.1ml of this and make up to 10mls in a syringe.
3. 0.1ml of this = 5μg.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.