SCOPE OF SERVICE
Management will support the Pharmacy through the appropriate channel to utilize their professional judgment and extend their responsibilities, to include participation in programs dealing with the safe handling of medication throughout the hospital, whilst working with other members of the health care team and Participate in medication use review and patient care audits. Also provide safe and effective use of medicines in the hospital. And ensure their legitimate role in each step of medication therapy in the hospital, which includes the promotion of rational therapeutics and improvement of patient care. The pharmacy department is to implement clinical intervention program and redefine the role of Pharmacists in minimizing preventable adverse drug events and applying cost-effectiveness drug therapy. This program deals with Medication interactions, Poor patient compliance and Patient counseling.
PROCEDURES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Licensed Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Supportive Staff
Pharmacy Director, Pharmacy Supervisor
- The pharmaceutical services Staffed by a sufficient number of competent personnel (Licensed Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Supportive Staff) that met with the size and scope of the services of the hospital
- Professional Pharmaceutical Services, which include Unit Dose Dispensing Section, Outpatient Service Section, Intravenous Admixture, Electrolytes and TPN Services Section and Narcotics and Controlled Drug Dispensing Section.
- Hospital Pharmacy Services, which include Education & Training of Pharmacy Staff Pharmacy Intervention, Patient and Family Education, Pharmacy and Hospital Committees (Pharmacy & Therapeutic committee, DUR, Infection control, CPR, Pain Management, Medical Record, Hospital Executive Committee (Leadership Council), Hospital Utilization Committee, AMPS Committee and FMS Committee).
- Support Services, which include Repacking Section, Inventory Control System, Drug Requisition System, Nursing Units Inspection, Extemporaneous Formulation Section, and Floor Stock Distribution System.
- Space, equipment, technology and supplies must be provided to allow the required professional and administrative functions of the pharmaceutical services to promote patient safety through Correct Storage, Correct Preparation, Correct Dispensing and Correct Administration of Medication.
- The scope of the pharmaceutical service must be consistent with the medication requirements of the patients, served as determined by the medical staff and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Written policies and procedures that cover and develop a list of Formulary System through Pharmacy Board and Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee, together with the medical staff, and representative of other discipline as appropriate.
- Written policies and procedures governing the safe administration of medication and biological must be developed by the Pharmacy staff in cooperation with the medical and nursing services, and as necessary, representatives of the disciplines.
Last Updated on