Major advantages from an effectively carried out FMEA efforts are as follows:
- It offers a documented technique for picking a style with a high likelihood of effective operation and security.
- A recorded uniform approach of evaluating prospective failure systems, failure modes and their impact on system operation, leading to a list of failure modes ranked according to the seriousness of their system effect and possibility of event.
- They likewise offer an approach of confirming that changing between redundant elements is not threatened by postulated single failures.
- A reliable method for evaluating the result of proposed changes to the design and/or functional procedures on mission success and safety.
- A basis for in-flight troubleshooting treatments and for locating performance monitoring and fault-detection devices.
- Criteria for early preparation of tests.
From the above list, early recognitions of SFPS, input to the troubleshooting treatment and finding of performance monitoring/ fault detection gadgets are probably the most crucial advantages of the FMEA. In addition, the FMEA treatments are straightforward and allow organized assessment of the design.