This to make sure that the nurse is preparing IV medications to the patient in correct procedure.
- The Medication Plastic Bag were labeled with the reconstitution and suitable diluents information from the pharmacy
- The 7 Rights of medication were applied for the patients : Right patient, Right Medication, Right Dose, Right Route, Right time, Right Frequency and Right Documentation
- Preparation area is Suitable & clean. (Using Stainless steel for IV preparation )
- Cleaned hand properly using antiseptic Agent.
- Aseptic techniques for cleaning the vials and ampoules before opening using alcohol’s swab
- Correct IV diluents for reconstitution.
- Using alcohol swab to clean the vial top or on ampoule’s neck.
- Proper techniques for puncture to avoid rubber coring.
- Wearing gloves and surgical mask (Wearing a surgical mask if needed in case of nurse sickness)
- Correct dose calculation.
- Good mixing Techniques and correct concentration after reconstitution.
- Correct and complete labeling.
- Double checking (by another nurse).
- Correct Storage.
Should be followed by 2 nurses signatures for preparations and double checking.