Protocol for Brain Tumors
- Patients are admitted one day prior to the surgery.
- Post operatively transferred to SICU for 2-3 days.
- Then transferred to MSW until suture removal.
- Injection Dexamethasone 8 mg i.v
- Mannitol 20%
- Extra dose of anti convulsions prior to closure-if h/o seizures
- Dexamethasone doses for over a period of one week.
- Prophylactic anti convulsions
- Incentive Spirometry
- Saline Nebulization
- Drain removal after 48 hours follow C.T Scan
- Ambulating the patient with assistance starting 2nd post operative day.
Last Updated on