ATENOLOL SUSPENSION 2MG/ML
Generic Name : Atenolol
Indication : Hypertension, angina pectoris, myocardial infarction and arrhythmias
Dosage Form : Suspension
Strength : 2mg/mL
Stability : 14 days or 90 days
Storage : Refrigerate
Atenolol 100mg 1 tablet
Glycerin – 2mL
Vehicle qs 50mL
VEHICLE OF CHOICE:
• Simple Syrup (stability 14 days) or
• Ora-Sweet® (stability 14 days) or
• Ora-Sweet SF® (stability 90 days)
How to prepare ATENOLOL SUSPENSION 2MG/ML:
1. Crush tablets in a mortar to fine powder.
2. Levigate the powder with glycerin until smooth paste is formed.
3. Add vehicle to the paste until liquid is formed and transfer the liquid into a container.
4. Use additional vehicle to rinse the remaining drug from the mortar and pour into the container.
5. Make up to final volume with vehicle.
6. Shake well and label.
1. Ora-Sweet SF® should not be used in neonates ≤28 days corrected age.