VERAPAMIL SUSPENSION 50MG/ML
Generic Name : Verapamil
i) Supraventricular tachyarrhythmia (SVT) prophylaxis
Dosage Form : Suspension
Strength : 50mg/mL
Stability : 60 days
Storage : Refrigerate (preferable) or at room temperature and protect from light
Verapamil hydrochloride 40mg 150 tablets
Vehicle qs 120mL
• Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1) or
• Ora-Sweet SF® : Ora-Plus® (1:1) or
• Equivalent vehicle to Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1)
How to prepare VERAPAMIL SUSPENSION 50MG/ML:
1. Crush tablets in a mortar to a fine powder.
2. Levigate the powder with small amount of vehicle until smooth paste is formed.
3. Add more vehicle to the paste until liquid is formed and transfer the liquid into a container.
4. Use additional vehicle to rinse the remaining drug from the mortar and pour into the container.
5. Make up to final volume with vehicle.
6. Shake well and label.
1. Ora-Sweet SF® should not be used in neonates ≤28 days corrected age.
2. Keep in an amber bottle.