URSODEOXYCHOLIC ACID SUSPENSION 50MG/ML
Generic Name : Ursodeoxycholic Acid
Indication : Cholestatic liver diseases (eg. primary biliary cirrhosis, primary cholangitis etc)
Dosage Form : Suspension
Strength : 50mg/mL
Stability : 30 days
Storage : Refrigerate or at room temperature
Ursodeoxycholic Acid 300mg 20 capsules
Vehicle qs 120mL
VEHICLE OF CHOICE:
• Ora-Blend® or Ora-Blend SF® or
• Ora-Plus® : Ora-Sweet® (1:1) or
• Equivalent vehicle to Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1)
How to prepare URSODEOXYCHOLIC ACID SUSPENSION 50MG/ML:
1. If Ora-Blend® is unavailable, pre-mix the Ora-Plus and Ora-Sweet, to form the diluent.
2. Open capsules and empty the contents into a mortar and add the diluent.
3. Levigate the powder until smooth paste is formed.
4. Add vehicle to the paste until liquid is formed and transfer the liquid into a container.
5. Use additional vehicle to rinse the remaining drug from the mortar and pour into the container.
6. Make up to final volume with vehicle.
7. Shake well and label.
1. Ora-Blend SF® should not be used in neonates ≤28 days corrected age.