TRIMETHOPRIM SYRUP 10MG/ML
Generic Name : Trimethoprim
Indication : Treatment of urinary tract infections due to susceptible pathogens
Dosage Form : Syrup
Strength : 10mg/mL
Stability : 30 days
Storage : Room temperature and protect from light
Trimethoprim 100mg 10 tablets
Simple Syrup qs 100mL
How to prepare TRIMETHOPRIM SYRUP 10MG/ML:
1. Soak the tablets in mortar with some simple syrup for about 10 minutes.
2. Levigate with small amount of vehicle until smooth paste is formed.
3. Add more vehicle to the paste until liquid is formed and transfer the liquid into a graduated container.
4. Use additional vehicle to rinse the remaining drug from the mortar and pour into the container.
5. Make up to final volume with vehicle.
6. Shake well and label.
1. Keep in an amber bottle.