PYRAZINAMIDE SUSPENSION 10MG/ML
Generic Name : Pyrazinamide
Indication : Tuberculosis
Dosage Form : Suspension
Strength : 10mg/mL
Stability : 60 days
Storage : Refrigerate (preferable) or at room temperature and protect from light
Pyrazinamide 500mg 3 tablets
Vehicle qs 150mL
• Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1) or
• Ora-Sweet SF®: Ora-Plus® (1:1) or
• Ora-Blend SF® or
• Cherry syrup or
• Equivalent vehicle to Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1)
How to prepare PYRAZINAMIDE SUSPENSION 10MG/ML:
1. Crush tablets in a mortar to fine powder.
2. Levigate the powder with small amount of vehicle until smooth paste is formed.
3. Add more vehicle to the paste until liquid is formed and transfer the liquid into a container.
4. Use additional vehicle to rinse the remaining drug from the mortar and pour into the container.
5. Make up to final volume with vehicle.
6. Shake well and label.
1. Ora-Sweet SF® and Ora-Blend SF® should not be used in neonates ≤28 days corrected age.
2. Keep in an amber bottle.