OMEPRAZOLE SUSPENSION 2MG/ML
Generic Name : Omeprazole
i) Reflux oesophagitis, eradication of H. Pylori infection, benign peptic ulcer not responding to conventional therapy, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
ii) Endoscopically confirmed peptic ulcer
Dosage Form : Suspension
Strength : 2mg/mL
Stability : 14 days (room temperature) or 30 days (refrigerate)
Storage : Refrigerate (preferable) or at room temperature and protect from light
Omeprazole (capsules or tablets) 20mg 10 capsules
Sodium Bicarbonate Injection 8.4% 10 amp x 10mL
How to prepare OMEPRAZOLE SUSPENSION 2MG/ML:
1. Empty contents of capsules in a mortar and cover with sodium bicarbonate and stir the mixture.
2. Add more sodium bicarbonate to form liquid and then transfer to a graduated container.
3. Rinse the mortar with additional sodium bicarbonate and make up to the final volume required.
1. Place tablets in mortar and soak in sodium bicarbonate for 20 minutes.
2. Crush tablets to form slurry and stir the mixture well.
3. Add more sodium bicarbonate to form liquid and then transfer to a graduated container.
4. Rinse mortar with additional sodium bicarbonate and make up to the final volume required.
1. Keep in an amber glass bottle.
2. Colour changes of the preparation might occur.