NITROFURANTOIN SUSPENSION 10MG/ML
Generic Name : Nitrofurantoin
Indication : Uncomplicated lower urinary tract infections
Dosage Form : Suspension
Strength : 10mg/mL
Stability : 91 days
Storage : Refrigerate or at room temperature and protect from light
Nitrofurantoin 100mg 10 tablets
Vehicle qs 100mL
• Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1) or
• Ora-Blend ® or
• Equivalent vehicle to Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1)
How to prepare NITROFURANTOIN SUSPENSION 10MG/ML:
1. Crush tablets in a mortar to a fine powder.
2. Levigate the powder with small amount of vehicle until a smooth paste is formed.
3. Add more vehicle to the paste until a liquid is formed and transfer the liquid into a container.
4. Use additional vehicle to rinse the remaining drug from the mortar and pour into the container.
5. Make up to final volume with vehicle.
6. Shake well and label.