METHYLCELLULOSE SUSPENDING AGENT 1% (0.01G/ML)
Generic Name : Methylcellulose
Dosage Form : Suspending Agent
Strength : 1% (0.01g/mL)
Stability : 6 months
Storage : Room temperature
Methylcellulose Powder CPS 1500 10g
Sodium Benzoate Powder- 2g
Simple syrup qs 1,000mL
How to prepare METHYLCELLULOSE SUSPENDING AGENT 1% (0.01G/ML):
1. Dissolve Sodium Benzoate in 200mL of boiling distilled water.
2. Add Methylcellulose powder and stir well for 2-3 minutes (use blender if available). Make sure mixture is sufficiently heated so powders are completely dissolved.
3. Add 800mL ice cold water (carefully but quickly) and stir or blend well for 10 minutes.
4. Transfer to a 1 litre bottle.
5. Place on side and refrigerate overnight (minimum 4 hours) until liquid converts to gel.
1. Mixture is initially cloudy, becoming crystal clear with adequate cooling/ refrigeration and time.
2. Discard 30 days after opening.