LABETALOL SYRUP 40MG/ML
Generic Name : Labetalol
Indication : Hypertension
Dosage Form : Syrup
Strength : 40mg/mL
Stability : 60 days
Storage : Refrigerate (preferable) or at room temperature and protect from light.
Labetalol 100mg 48 tablets
Vehicle qs 120mL
VEHICLE OF CHOICE:
• Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus®(1:1) or
• Ora-Blend ® or
• Equivalent vehicle to Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1)
How to prepare LABETALOL SYRUP 40MG/ML:
1. Crush tablets in a mortar to a fine powder.
2. Levigate the powder with small amount of vehicle until a smooth paste is formed.
3. Add more vehicle to the paste until a liquid is formed and transfer the liquid into the container.
4. Use additional vehicle to rinse the remaining drug from the mortar and pour into the container.
5. Make up to final volume with vehicle.
6. Shake well and label.
1. Keep in an amber plastic (polyethylene terephthalate) bottle.