DAPSONE SUSPENSION 2MG/ML
Generic Name : Dapsone
Indication : Leprosy, Dermatitis herpetiformis
Dosage Form : Suspension
Strength : 2mg/mL
Stability : 91 days
Storage : Refrigerate or at room temperature and protect from light
Dapsone 100mg 2 tablets
Vehicle qs 100mL
VEHICLE OF CHOICE:
• Ora-Blend® or Ora-Blend SF® or
• Ora-Plus® : Ora-Sweet® (1:1) or
• Equivalent vehicle to Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1)
How to prepare DAPSONE SUSPENSION 2MG/ML:
1. Crush tablets in a mortar to fine powder.
2. Levigate the powder with small amount of vehicle until smooth paste is formed.
3. Add more vehicle to the paste until liquid is formed and transfer the liquid into a container.
4. Use additional vehicle to rinse the remaining drug from the mortar and pour into the container.
5. Make up to final volume with vehicle.
6. Shake well and label.
1. Preparation may slightly darken at room temperature.
2. Ora-Blend SF® should not be used in neonates ≤28 days corrected age.