CHLOROQUINE SUSPENSION 15MG/ML
Generic Name : Chloroquine
Indication : Treatment of malaria – acute attack
Dosage Form : Suspension
Strength : 15mg/mL
Stability : 60 days
Storage : Refrigerate (preferable) or at room temperature and protect from light
Chloroquine 250mg 6 tablets
Vehicle qs 100mL
VEHICLE OF CHOICE:
• Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1) or
• Ora-Sweet SF® : Ora-Plus® (1:1) or
• Ora-Blend ® or
• Ora-Blend SF® or
• Cherry syrup or
• Equivalent vehicle to Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1)
How to prepare CHLOROQUINE SUSPENSION 15MG/ML:
1. Crush tablets in a mortar to fine powder.
2. Levigate the powder with small amount of vehicle until smooth paste is formed.
3. Add more vehicle to the paste until liquid is formed and transfer the liquid into a container.
4. Use additional vehicle to rinse the remaining drug from the mortar and pour into the container.
5. Make up to final volume with vehicle.
6. Shake well and label.
1. Provides 9mg/mL of chloroquine base.
2. Keep in an amber plastic bottle.
3. Ora-Sweet SF® and Ora-Blend SF® should not be used in neonates ≤28 days corrected age.