Generic Name : Carvedilol
Indication : Treatment of stable moderate to severe congestive cardiac failure in addition to ACE inhibitors and diuretics
Dosage Form : Suspension
Strength : 0.5 mg/mL
Stability : 30 days
Storage : Room temperature and protect from light
VEHICLE OF CHOICE:
• Ora-Sweet®: Ora-Plus® (1:1) or
• Ora-Blend ® or
• Equivalent vehicle to Ora-Sweet® : Ora-Plus® (1:1)
How to prepare CARVEDILOL SUSPENSION 0.5MG/ML
1. Crush tablets in a mortar to fine powder.
2. Levigate the powder with small amount of vehicle until smooth paste is formed.
3. Add more vehicle to the paste until liquid is formed and transfer the liquid into a container.
4. Use additional vehicle to rinse the remaining drug from the mortar and pour into the container.
5. Make up to final volume with vehicle.
6. Shake well and label.