Generic Name : Caffeine Citrate
Indication : Apnoea of prematurity
Dosage Form : Solution
Strength : 10mg/mL
Stability : 30 days
Storage : Refrigerate and protect from light
Caffeine Citrate Anhydrous BP – 1g
Citric acid anhydrous BP – 1g
Vehicle qs 100mL
VEHICLE OF CHOICE:
• Distilled water or water for injection
How to prepare CAFFEINE CITRATE SOLUTION 10MG/ML:
1. Weigh the powders and mix with a small amount of vehicle in a measuring cylinder.
2. Add more vehicle to the mixture and make up to final volume with the vehicle.
3. Make up to final volume with vehicle and transfer into a suitable container.
4. Shake well and label.
1. Chemically stable for at least 90 days but the potential for microbial growth was not assessed.
2. Refrigeration recommended to reduce potential for micobial growth. Observe for precipitation.
3. Equivalent to 5mg per mL anhydrous caffeine base.
4. Shake well before consume.