TPN Resources

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Jacqueline Lee
      Participant

Kindly can you mention here the information resources that you prefer for TPN.

Alchemist

Personally I have learned from the following PN references:

1. Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition by J. Rambeau

2. ASPEN Parenteral Nutrition Handbook by Ayers et al.,

3. Subscription of American Journal of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition and Nutrition in Clinical Practice by ASPEN

4. Applied Therapeutics (Koda Kimble) & Pharmacotherapy (DiPiro) Chapters on Nutrition

My personal opinion: To learn PN, 70% of knowledge & Experience come from the mentor/preceptor and 30% from references. I strongly recommend the PGY-2 Nutrition Support residency

Christian Lancaster
      Participant

It varies really, depending on the information you are after as well as patient population (paediatric, ICU, medical, oncology etc)!

From a paediatric stand point, besides the usual ASPEN materials (eg paediatric curriculum etc) and their journal articles, JPEN and NCP.
      ESPHAGAN is really huge for paediatrics (eagerly awaiting the release of their new guidelines). If you are looking for EBM type material, it is best to consult the literature. This is my humble opinion.

Also, learnt knowledge does not replace what you learn in practice 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TPN Resources
This website uses cookies to improve your experience. By using this website you agree to our Cookie Policy.
Read more