REGULAR INSULIN FOR IV USE

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Abner Hill
      Participant

My concern is about using the brand Humulin R intravenously, the product package mentions subQ injection only. I have reviewed the product prescribing information form company website and it mentions that the IV route is possible.

Is the product we use here not suitable for IV administration?

Gerald Roberts
      Participant

We are using HUMULIN R of lilly. On its packaging it is mentioned sc and IV. I checked the leaflet same statement is there on leaflet. Attached is leaflet copy.

View post on imgur.com

Stephanie Lee
      Participant

Humulin R is for both IV and SC

Abner Hill
      Participant

Please find attached shot, I don’t have the option of IV route.

https://mega.nz/file/OpIyjZ4I#k30R9RasnKrOLEx3YdMYIRcTXdLwQPKI2T3ZfIR4ST8

Gregory Garcia
      Participant

Humulin regular insulin is used routinely by IV continuous infusion for many decades. It is used in the treatment of severe hyperkalemia (ECG with widening QRS) , severe DKA, and adding regular insulin on daily basis in Patient’s PN bag. The greatest advantages of regular insulin than other products is giving as IV continuous infusion in certain emergency situations (e.g. Hyperkalemia, DKA).

Gregory Garcia
      Participant

Another benefit of humalin R is that it is the only fast acting insulin that covers 6 hours so conveniently can be given q6h for patients having continuous enteral feed.

Alchemist

Please find attached below the PIL for the Humulinru100 , it can be given either by Subcutaneous or IV routes .

http://uspl.lilly.com/humulinru100/humulinru100.html

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

REGULAR INSULIN FOR IV USE
This website uses cookies to improve your experience. By using this website you agree to our Cookie Policy.
Read more