We started our program ” Bed side discharge” 9 months ago and to answer your questions :
· We are now a team of two discharge pharmacist and 3 unit based pharmacists looking for around 250 beds with a barrage of 20 discharges per day for now.
· Our turn around time targeted to be less than one hour
· We started with selected poly pharmacy patients and now we are covering all discharges around the hospital weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm.
· We have a team of pharmacotherapy specialists who took care of any discharge consultation if required.
· The discharge pharmacist assess all discharge cases clinically before preparing the medications while now we are looking into introducing a “Transition of care team” to do the medication reconciliation on admission and discharge.